This post may contain affiliate links, which provide me with a small compensation when you purchase your products through my links. Thank you for your support!
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and what a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the women in your life! I’m going to guess that most of you reading this blog post today may be a mom yourself and you’re thinking (much like I often do), “dang why can’t my husband read and follow a blog post like this?” But ladies, you don’t have to wait for the special man in your life or your kids to think of hosting a DIY Mother’s Day Brunch, you can do it yourself! Whether you want to invite your mother, mother-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, daughters, aunts, cousins or friends, imagine what a wonderful opportunity this could be to celebrate WITH all the amazing women in your life! And the free printables I have for you here will help you plan and execute it all in a snap!
Your first step will be to make your guest list!
Then you’ll want to plan your food. I’m not an expert on recipes or things like that, but I have been collecting some fun menu ideas on my Pinterest page! You can check it out and adapt as needed!
Now, once you know who is coming and what you’ll be serving, you can prepare the decorations for the day. If you are able to take photos of the moms with their kids or even by themselves, before the occasion, great! If you are able to access older photos or even vintage photos of these women’s loved ones, even better! But if that step is too difficult in the time frame you have, just go with what you have! You can even use stock photos because this is all about celebrating mother’s in every capacity! The printables I have available for this, in the FREE Resource Library, include a banner, napkin card, tags and print. These can easily be printed and include photos or not!
Let’s get started on putting these together.
Pink Ribbon: Use ribbon to tie the napkin card and napkin together
Baker’s Twine: to connect banner pieces
Hole Punch: to punch holes in banner pieces and tags
Photos: Print these at 3×3 or 3×4 in black and white or other fun filter.
Here are the step-by-step directions for putting together each of the printables:
- Print out one copy of the each of the word banners on cardstock.
- Print out two copies of each of the other banner pieces on cardstock.
- Cut out all the banner pieces.
- Print and cut photos.
- Hole punch in the top corner of each banner piece.
- Cut a 3 yard piece of twine.
- String the yarn through the banner pieces doing 3 patterns on the outside edge and 2 patterns between each of the quote pieces.
- Clip the photos to the pieces after banner is hung.
- Print out the quote or quotes you’d like (4 are included in pack) onto an 8.5×11 piece of cardstock.
- Trim it to fit an 8×10 frame.
- Add to frame and place on table with food or as guests enter the room.
- Open quote cards in scrapbooking software.
- Open photos for your cards.
- Apply any filters or turn photo to black and white.
- Resize photo to fit on bottom half of quote card.
- Merge together and place cards on an 8.5×11 document. Place as many as will fit and then print.
- Cut out. Fold napkin (paper or cloth) and place card on top.
- Use ribbon to wrap together and place next to table setting.
- Open tag in scrapbook software or Canva.
- Add drinks or food names to it in white space.
- Merge together and add to an 8.5×11 document.
- Print when sheet is full of tags.
- Cut out and hole punch.
- Use twine or ribbon to attach. You can also cut the tag part off and just use as a mat to label food on a plate.
Add these with paper or ceramic pink dishes, a white table cloth and you’ll have a soft, sweet brunch setting to celebrate the women and mother’s in your life!
All the downloads shown here are FREE and can be accessed in my Resource Library! If you are brand new here, simply fill out the form below to get the password to the library! It never changes, so feel free to come back again and again to find files that will help you in your scrapbook and craft needs!
And if you would like to save or share these ideas with others, pin the image below!
Join the 5 DAY Scrap Challenge
Join the 5 Day Challenge
and get this free Getaway Kit! Start Scrapping Today!